Features of the Surrounding Area
An undiscovered treasure, Gilpin County has low population density combined with forested lands and wildlife. Two public school districts service the county and a private Montessori program for those seeking an alternative to the traditional public curriculum. In case of emergency, the county maintains active 911 center with professional response personnel. Other local resources include the county library and community recreation center nearby on highway 119.
Features of Note:
- Mountain Laurel Arabians Equestrian Center - In addition to the 3+ miles of trails within RR, Gilpin County has hundreds of miles of public trails where residents can enjoy equestrian activity. Mountain Laurel Arabians offers full service boarding facility with 24 hour horse care and daily ground work less than 5 minutes from RR. Facilities include: Insulated barn; heated tack room; large outdoor arena; and pasture with training ring. Contact: Laurel Higgins, 720-289-3573 or llhiggins (@) ionsky.
- Lincoln Hills Fly Fishing Club - Within four miles of Roosevelt Ridge is the Lincoln Hills Fly Fishing Club, Home Waters for fly fishing enthusiasts and their families. Members enjoy access to miles of world class fly fishing on several preserves close to where they live, work, and vacation. Membership allows them to enjoy the benefits of owning their own fly fishing preserve at only a fraction of the costs, all while appreciating the values of family and friendship that come with Club membership.
- Gilpin County Rec Center - In 2003, Gilpin County completed a state of the art 43,000 square foot recreation center less than five minutes from Roosevelt Ridge. The two pools, hardwood gymnasium, indoor track, and weight room are a great complement to the area’s outdoor activities.
- Millions of acres of forest and parks - Roosevelt National Forest, Indian Peaks Wilderness Area, Arapahoe National Forest, Rocky Mountain National Park, Eldorado Canyon State Park, Golden Gate State Park.
- Two airports within an hour's drive - Denver International Airport with non-stop service to over 126 destinations, servicing over thirty airlines; and Jefferson County Airport located southeast of Boulder servicing corporate and private aircraft.